Things about London BBC Sherlock did not tell you:
1. It smells like fried rubbish. Like a chippy poured their grease into an open container only the container is London.
2. Foxes scream all night long and it sounds like murder. Eventually you stop going to the window to check. I think this is what they want.
3. No place in London is that white. Maybe inner city, but that place also eat souls so you know. makes sense.
4. Out of every stock stereotype you'll meet "Dave who once took K with someone off nevermind the buzzcock" is more likely than "Sebastian who likes loose leaf tea and browsing bookshops in a self knitted scarf".
5. No one will give up a chance to make a dick joke. Not even the queen. Especially not the queen.
6. Young English men are connected to the fae in that knowing their real name gives you unholy power over them. Therefore I assume Sherlock went by "Shaz" in his youth. Likewise you are likely to meet at least two baz's, a full score of Alex' and more Dave's that you thought men in the queendom.
7. Black cab drivers are tired men and women who are constantly balancing the energy to care VS the energy to deal with your shit.
@CorvusRobotica wasnt it implied that sherlock’s family is wealthy? I always assumed his parents owned the place and he just wanted a roommate because he was lonely
@Satsuma he hated people though
@CorvusRobotica oh yeah right
i guess i’m more influenced by the original cannon where he didn’t
@Satsuma yeah this is specifically dissing the BBC version.
@CorvusRobotica holy shit this nails it so perfectly
@sophia I once found a pigeon in my bathtub after a night of not sleeping because I didn't have any coins to put on the gasmeter and it was freezing, I think it was the moment I realised what London was.
@CorvusRobotica Some friends and I used to use 'filing cabinet in a field' as a kind of punchline to a lot of things that didn't make sense, took a while for us to realise seeing that regularly was an experience limited to London. No one outside of it ever knew what we were talking about
@CorvusRobotica never been to London but I just want to stress that point #2 is an understatement if anything.
Foxes sound like ongoing war crimes at night and they do it in the human vocal range.
@rook very true
Welcome to the Planet! We're a small but unrestrictive community and customized Mastodon server.
We welcome anyone who wants to come join and whatever language you speak! Especially if you're a creative type, queer, a nerdy enthusiast of Something, you'll feel right at home, but we're proud to be a friendly and welcoming community.
We also have certain features that don't exist on most mastodon servers, such as being able to post to only other members of the Planet.